02 May, 2017

Natural Supply Co Haul | First Impressions


Who doesn't love the occasional bit of online shopping? I hadn't done any significant shopping in a while but I recently made a few purchases at Natural Supply Co.  Taking advantage of a discount code sale and free standard shipping over $99 I bought quite a few things that I knew I'd get into using straight away.  I'm being a bit more selective in my choices these days but all of these products are things I use on a regular basis so there's no impulse shopping or buyer's guilt happening here.

While I use these kinds of products I've not tried most of the brands before so I'd like to share my first impressions with you.  Being first impressions I'll try to keep my thoughts short and sweet!


GROWN ALCHEMIST PURIFYING BODY EXFOLIANT (5.7 oz/170ml)

They say:
"Grown Alchemist Purifying Body Exfoliant with Pearl, Peppermint and Ylang Ylang is a revitalising body exfoliant formulated with a sensuous, nutrient and antioxidant rich blend of botanical and pearl bioactive ingredients designed to gently remove dead skin cells, leaving the skin noticeably softened, smooth, deeply cleansed and feeling refreshed."

My thoughts:
I like shower products in squeeze tubes as it makes it easy to get just the right amount without the mess so this was a thumbs up before I even tried it.  I do enjoy the subtle peppermint and ylang ylang scent which made for a refreshing combination and the scrubby particles are effective at doing their job, leaving my skin feeling smooth afterward.


LASH FOOD INSTANT EYE MAKEUP REMOVER (100ml/3.4fl.oz)

They say:
"LashFood Conditioning Instant Eye Makeup Remover is a conditioning dual-phase formula that moisturises lashes and instantly removes even the toughest makeup formulas.

LashFood Conditioning Instant Eye Makeup Remover was uniquely formulated to minimise lash loss and breakage when removing mascara and eye makeup. The dual-phase formula activates when shaken and instantly removes even the most stubborn waterproof formulas. Its gentle yet effective ingredients will leave skin feeling soft and lashes hydrated."

My thoughts:
I always use dual-phase removers so clearly I'm a fan of these.  The Lash Food remover is one of the more gentle formulas I've tried - it doesn't sting or burn (like another luxe brand I've been using lately), doesn't feel overly greasy and it easily removed my waterproof mascara in one application without any tugging or panda eyes afterward.


ONLY GOOD NATURAL HAND WASH - NOURISH (300ml)

They say:
"Only Good Natural Hand Wash in Nourish helps to gently cleanse and condition your hands as it nourishes skin with clever natural moisturisers coconut and shea butter."

My thoughts:
A bit of a backstory:  I have dry, sensitive skin on my hands so I've had to become fussy about what I use to wash them, and make sure I always carry hand cream to keep them from drying out and cracking.  I've found that switching to gentle, more natural formulas has made all the difference and I'm no longer plagued with winter eczema, so you can understand why I've become rather fussy about what I wash my hands with!

I've only been using the Nourish hand wash formula for a few days but I can tell that it agrees with my skin.  The wash has a delicate coconut scent, works up into a creamy lather and leaves my hands feeling clean but not stripped of moisture.  The 300ml bottle is just the right size to fit nicely on the edge of the bathroom basin too and the packaging is a practical plastic but attractive enough to look at home in any bathroom.


LA MAV ORGANIC BIO-ACTIVE PRIMER (50ml.1.7fl.oz)

They say:
"Suitable for all skin types, the new La Mav Organic Bio-Active Primer locks moisture into the skin whilst creating the perfect hydrated base for your foundation application. 

La Mav Organic Bio-Active Primer evens skin tone while creating an even base to aid foundation longevity. It firms and plumps skin, while soothing and nourishing."

My thoughts:
I wasn't sure if I'd like this because I have an oily T-zone but so far I'm truly loving it.  I was worried that a hydrating primer = shiny skin but this primer effectively mattified my skin once I applied it.  It's definitely different to any primer I've tried as the white lotion initially feels tacky on the skin before it dries.  Because it's not my usual silicone-based choice, my makeup seems to "grip" or adhere to my skin better over the primer for more opaque but still smooth coverage and it lasts all day without the need to powder at midday. It's still very early days - and I need to try this under a range of foundations - but this is the product I've been most seriously impressed with. Now I'm curious to try other products in the La Mav range!


PHR  PROFESSIONAL DETOX SHAMPOO (375ml)

They say:
"The PHR Professional Detox Shampoo combats dull and lifeless hair by removing built-up dirt caused by styling products, chlorine, salt water and other daily impurities.

With a combination of soothing Chamomile and Nettle Extracts, this rejuvenating shampoo brings back bounce and shine to the hair. Using natural wheat proteins this product hydrates even the most dry and brittle hair."

My thoughts:
This shampoo is quite a runny formula but it builds up a generously creamy lather and the scent is very subtle to the point that I can't really describe it.  It cleaned all the product buildup from a hair salon appointment the day before and didn't leave my hair feeling stripped or in a matted, overly tangled mess.


BON LUX VOTIVE CANDLE - SWEET SMOKE

They say:
"BON LUX Sweet Smoke combines the mysterious smokey scent of a beehive, and the crackle of a forest fire. This candle blends notes of honey and beeswax with woodsmoke and spice."

My thoughts:
I've picked the perfect winter's night candle scent for the family room and this medium sized candle effectively projects its scent into our high ceiling space. I enjoy how different this scent is as it conjures up memories of an open fire but with a slightly sweet, spicy twist.


*******************************

All of these products were purchased by me and are available at Natural Supply Co.

Natural Supply Co provide free standard shipping for all orders over $99 and express and international shipping are also available.  

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...