21 October, 2015

Vintage OPI: Guy Meets Gal-veston

Why or why didn't I realize how good jelly polishes were when they were everywhere??? Now they're so hard to find...

Oh well at least I have one or two in my collection from back when they were popular so I didn't turn my back on the trend altogether although it's taken me all this time to realize what the fuss was about.  I bought OPI's Guy Meets Gal-veston back in 2011 from their Texas collection and here I am enjoying it 4 years later.  GMG is a vibrant coral jelly and just the thing for the transition into warmer, brighter days.  I applied two coats and added a top coat for an even more juicy jelly finish - you might barely make out the visible white tips of the very edges of my nails so these pictures aren't a dead giveaway that I'm wearing a jelly but...Oh. My. Goodness...This was so gorgeously squishy looking in real life!  Honestly I should stop gushing because this damn polish is only available from Amazon etc these days...

Full sun


Indirect daylight

Did you ever get into the jelly trend?



6 comments:

  1. So squishy looking, love the look of that on your nails! I'm not really into jelly finishes myself but love how they look on others, and this shade is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super squishy! It's such a fun polish - and now I understand the fuss!

      Delete
  2. I love colors like this! Yes! Squishy jellies all the way! And I love the cheerfulness of this shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cheerful! I need to dig out the other one I have from the Texas collection also - it's a juicy orange :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh this is perfection! I never really sought out jelly finishes in their heyday, but I have a few that I love. Orly Passion Fruit has that gorgeously glossy gel effect look. I LOVE this color, Vita!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to seek out that Orly polish! I found one from Essence the other day and I couldn't resist buying it - I've got a thing for those jellies now and I'm looking out for them :))

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...