24 October, 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection: Swatches and review


My thoughts on nude lipsticks?  They can look beautifully natural and youthful if you can find the right shade - and therein lies the challenge. It can be so hard to find the right one and I know because I've bought a few over the years that weren't quite right for me because they were too pale and concealer-y, too warm, too cool, too dark, too dead looking and so on. I'm sure you get what I'm saying!

For that reason I was pleased to be sent the full complement of Rimmel's new Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection to review because I have a chance of finding at least one that will suit... 



The collection comprises five nudes from the extremely pale through to a very deep warm nude suitable for darker skin tones. The nude packaging has grown on me - I wasn't sure at first but now I quite like it (other brands are doing it too) and it does make it easy to single out the nude lippies in my drawer.

The lipstick formula is what I've come to expect from Rimmel's Lasting Finish range:  richly creamy, very well pigmented and very long lasting on the lips without any drying feeling.  These lipsticks last hours on the lips without any fading or bleeding and one application will easily last me from breakfast through to lunch.  Rimmel say they last "up to 8 hours" and that doesn't seem a stretch at all.  Also, there's none of the unflattering whitish 'fade' happening around the inner lip as can happen with some nude lip products. That these lipsticks perform so well was no surprise to me at all and I continue to hold Rimmel lipsticks up as my favourite from the drugstore because the quality is right up there with higher end brands.

Now onto the swatches.  As it happened I've found three nudes I can wear in this collection:  42, 43 and 45 so I'm personally quite pleased with the colour selection.

Swatched left to right:  40, 42, 43, 45, 48

And here I am wearing the pink nude 42 on my lips

The Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Nude Collection is available from the following stores:
Big W, Chemist Warehouse, Coles, My Chemist, Priceline, Woolworths.

RRP:  $12.95AUD


(Products were provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I can wear the same 3 as well as the darkest one though it's obviously not a 'nude' on me haha. Totally agree with you on the formula!

    Sue // www.suelovexx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! I've always loved the lasting finish formula so I was excited for the nude collection - nice that we suit most of the shades too! Actually I should try the darkest shade as I'd discounted it as 'not nude' but you're right, it could actually work as a great brown :-)

      Delete
  2. It looks like a lovely collection of nudes, I agree that it can be hard to find a great nude but it is so wonderful when you get a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd get one that would suit but to find that most of these worked for me was a bonus!

      Delete
  3. I don't like the formula of these lipsticks although I do love a good nude lip! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...