09 January, 2015

Review: Rimmel Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colours...

...and how they kept my lipstick game strong over the festive season!

Let me be honest - when Rimmel initially released their Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colours I wasn't going to jump on the bandwagon because I figured I'd been there and done that years ago.  So of course as it goes with all new releases the hype starts building (which I duly ignore), and then my friends start raving (maybe there's something to this?), and then finally in mid December the PR company sends me some samples to try (okay then I'll try these and find out for myself!)


Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colours promise:
    •  Kiss proof, transfer proof, food proof high impact endless colour.
    •  No tight feeling or dry lips. Lips feel smooth and moisturized all day long.
    •  Easy removal with Oil based makeup remover. 

  
 
 First up, I have the say the packaging is too cute (my admitted weakness) and being colour coded makes it easy to see which colour you're grabbing for. 
 
The application itself is a two step process.  First, colour is applied directly to clean, unprimed lips, then allowed to dry for around 60 seconds WITHOUT smooshing or smacking your lips together (or your lip colour could adhere to itself and peel or flake).  Once dry, the clear topcoat is applied to seal the colour and moisturise the lips.  Both the colour and topcoats are easily applied with the doe foot applicators.  I found the topcoat was a must, as although the lip colour will dry transfer-proof alone, it feels uncomfortably tacky on the lips without it. This means the finish of these lip colours is shiny - at least until the topcoat wears off.
 
 
The first thing I noticed is how incredibly richly pigmented these are and I had opaque colour on my lips in one swipe. These can still be built up to some degree with extra coats before the colour sets although not too heavily because it can result in a too thick coat of product, prone to peeling from the lips. Honestly though I think a single coat of colour should really be enough - as you'll see when you get to my swatches later in the post!
 
Once the colour is set, it is 100% SET and mine did not budge through all the eating and kissing I did throughout the festive season.  It was a huge relief to be able to wear bright lip colours without worrying about leaving lipstick prints on family and friends' cheeks, nor about having to touch up my lip colour after lunch or dinner and finally not worrying about colour bleeding outside my middle aged lip line!
 
These do wear very comfortably for a long wearing lip colour too and I didn't find myself rushing to reapply the moisturising topcoat because I really didn't need it.  The initial application is enough to seal in the tackiness too so it's a set and forget it for the rest of the day situation.
 
I received 3 of the 8 shades available to review and because I was won over I ended up buying another because of course I needed a long-wearing red for Christmas day!
 
 Top to bottom:  Skinny Dipping, I'll Call You, Little Minx, Kiss Me You Fool
 
Swatched on the back of my hand Left to Right:
Skinny Dipping, I'll Call You, Little Minx, Kiss Me You Fool
 
 
And now for the documented wear test!
 
Provocalips shade I'll Call You freshly applied at 10:00 am -  I decided to pout for a change...
 
 
And those brutal but necessary close ups:
 
10:00 am lips
 
7:30 pm lips in fading light with top coat freshly applied
 
The only sign of wear is where the colour has faded from the inner portion of my lips after a long day of lunching and grazing with friends and to be honest, had I not pouted my lips this wouldn't be noticeable at all.  If I was concerned with the fading (which I wasn't because I was back at home) a quick reapplication of colour in the centre of the lip would freshen it up perfectly.  I kept my Provocalips on for the rest of the day and it stayed like this until I chose to take it off at 11:00 pm with some eye & lip makeup remover.  
 
 
********************************
 
Yes, I totally get the hype and I'm more than impressed Rimmel Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colours - I think they are a very reasonable buy at $17.95 each too.

Rimmel Provocalips 16HR Kiss Proof Lip Colours are available at:
Priceline, Priceline Pharmacy, Big W, Woolworths, Coles, Chemist Warehouse, My Chemist,
Target and Kmart and various Independent Pharmacies.
 

 Have you tried these?
 
 
(This product was provided for my consideration.  All comments and opinions are my own.)
 


12 comments:

  1. You look absolutely stunning. Loved this shade on you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree so much with you! I've seen these double-ended products released over the years, with the same concept, but never really bought into them. There were just no hype around it, so I highly doubt the Provocalips range after it was released. However, I was also sent some and I was sooooooo impressed with the formula! [Awkwardly] You have beautiful eyes by the way! *shy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment Tram :)

      Yes I was completely impressed by these - impressed enough to buy another shade!

      Delete
  3. SO pretty on you!! I wonder if we will get these here? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't get the Rimmel range I wonder if you'd have the L'Oreal version up there? They are obviously more expensive but they're the same concept and have some rather chic colours. Gotta say Rimmel has some cute ones though because I love a vibrant lip!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm resisting the temptation to get more - they're fantastic!

      Delete
  5. Haven't seen these in Canada yet but I think they're on the way. I decided recently to completely stop hoarding liquid lip products because half of them have gone bad in a very short period of time, but I like this budget option for when it's time to stock up again. The shade on the pout face is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks!

      What happened to your liquid lippies? Did they dry out or separate? I'm just wondering what signs I need to look out for!

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous FOTD shot! I don't think I love fully opaque liquid lipsticks - I prefer a bit of translucency - but it's nice to see a wallet-friendly option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do juicy sheer lip shades so well Larie!

      I like a bit of punch I must admit although bright shades are usually high maintenance so these were a relief - and the price point is a definite plus as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...