29 October, 2014

Maybelline Brocades: Beaming Blue

I've been noticing a lot of teal and aquatic blue nails around this spring - in my office of all places! - so I jumped onto the bandwagon with a glittery aquatic blue from Maybelline's LE Brocades collection.  The Brocades were released late last year and while no longer on the shelves you can still find them selling on some online pharmacy and retail sites if you're keen.
 
Beaming Blue is a very dense, textured blue/gold micro-glitter polish with a light smattering of larger blue hex glitter.  The effect is almost like shot silk as the colour subtly shifts from blue to gold in the light in a kind of faux gradient.  Two coats was all it took for 100% opaque nails and I left it as is with no topcoat.  That decision turned out to be a mistake because the polish did chip off in ghastly chunks again - topcoat really is recommended for durability when wearing these.  At least it was sparkly perfection for a few days anyway...
 
All pictures taken in indirect daylight




What colour statements do you like to make in spring?

 

8 comments:

  1. There's an uprising in the office! LOL

    I got the green shade from this series. I don't know why the nice stuff are always LE because the Brocades were super popular for good reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the strangest thing! All that teal in the office! LOL Yes, I'm equally annoyed with too many LE collections - I can't keep up with them any more so I've given up trying :p

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love how it subtly changes in the light!

      Delete
  3. Haha! That's a beautiful office trend! Makes me long for summer again, LOL. But I am loving the changing colors and such, now that fall is FINALLY here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know summer still seems a long way away down here, or we get a glimmer of hope with a single warm day then the temperature plummets the very next day - the weather is still teasing me!

      Delete
  4. This is awesome for only 2 coats of a glitter nail polish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...