28 October, 2014

Japan Trip Beauty Buys: The Luxury Edit

 
This is a mix of impractical pretties I bought while venturing through department store beauty halls and boutiques in Japan...
  
Anna Sui

 Once upon a time I could buy Anna Sui down here in Melbourne and when it was here, right under my nose I took it for granted so didn't actually buy anything!  Of course for me there's nothing more alluring than something that's hard to get so the appeal went up after the availability became limited. Oh alright - the antique boudoir style packaging is appealing too, so that coupled with Anna Sui's amazing looking blushes and recent lipstick release had me on the lookout for this brand in Japan.
 
Let's start with the blush...
 
Rose Cheek Color

Anna Sui's Rose Cheek Color powder blushes are all so opulent with their floral embossed, multi-tonal combinations so it was a difficult decision here!  I was initially drawn to the pink palettes (and there are quite a few if you're a pink blush fan) but ended up going for the most practical choice for my colouring, the golden coral/peach 602. Yes, I do intend to get right in there with my brush and swirl away - I'm going to wear it - after I'm done with gawping at it! Lol!

Lipstick V
 
Oh, puh-lease! I first saw the star shaped bullets of Anna Sui's Lipstick V range on Pinterest a few months ago and was instantly obsessed with getting my hands on one because, I mean, a star shaped bullet?!  Things like that just bring out the little girl in me I suppose.  Shade 401 is a sheer blue-toned red. Maybe I'll need a little more time before I damage this by daring to use it. 
 
To set the lipstick colour I also purchased a tube of Anna Sui Lip Color Top Coat, which is dabbed over lipstick to seal it.  I've heard of lipstick top coats before but haven't actually tried them and the SA's demonstration was persuasive so we'll see!
 
 Rose Ring Rouge
 
I won't even try and justify this purchase! Anna Sui Rose Ring Rouge 300 is an insanely obnoxious deep purple poison ring with pink gloss encased within.  Maybe I could wear it for Halloween?!? That said, the gloss itself is quite wearable although I don't know if I'd have the balls to wear such bling on my fingers so into my makeup purse it will go.
 
 Nail Color
 
The SA was wearing Anna Sui Nail Color 003 and I couldn't stop looking at her nails! I can't say any more about that choice other than it was me giving in to my weakness for glitter.
 
 
Jill Stuart
 
 
I have a longstanding weakness for Jill Stuart too and I was very restrained considering that little fact! I chose only one item, a Velvet Crystal Eyes palette in the very wearable neutral 103 Moonlight Invitation from Jill Stuart's Limited Edition Crystal Black Fall 2014 Collection
 
I'm not too sure about the tarnished looking Crystal Black packaging but in terms of actual shades I'd say this is the most practical Jill Stuart quad I own.  The shimmery peach and warm taupe are bookended by two matte shades (ivory and deep brown) so I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it. 
 
 
Paul & Joe
 
I know Paul & Joe is actually a French brand but seeing as we don't have any counters in Melbourne, once I started to play with the bright lipstick shades and the endless possibilities of matching the refillable cases in all of their cuteness I was hooked! Besides, I can't go past kitties!!! 
 
Frivolous? Yes!!!
 
 
My lipstick refill choices were medium pink 212 Rose Sachet (in lipstick case 017) and orange red 303 Silk Stockings (in that cute kitty case 022), both perfect for Spring/Summer when I particularly love wearing vibrant shades - although I'd wear them all year round really.  I'm curious as to how durable the cases will actually be and whether they really would stand up to the test of time and be in any condition to warrant a refill.  Only time will tell with that I suppose.
 
 Eye Color Trio Refill 093
 
Again I went for the most wearable option choosing the warm plum trio 093 popped into floral compact 004.  As I say, purple is my other 'neutral' choice for my green eyes so this was an obvious choice for me. The individual shades swatch creamily smooth on my fingertips so I'm looking forward to my first wear.
 
 
 So that's all of my Japanese beauty shopping - as always let me know in the comments if you're interested in any individual product reviews or swatches.
 
Until next time,


22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Exactly and that's why I have trouble resisting! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul Vita. Loving the Paul and Joe products, hearing about them for the first time. Its so cool that you can choose your own packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choosing your own packaging is such a fun concept - and very clever marketing too!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous haul! So many pretties x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very hard to narrow it down because Japan is full of pretty things!

      Delete
  4. Oh my lord, is this heaven? Love Paul&Joe, Japan has such cute products!
    Passing Fancy​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's just my makeup drawer! Lol! I was in love with the cute P & J things - still admiring them actually!

      Delete
  5. Great haul! Can I ask what the prices were like compared to here? We are going to Tokyo next April and I need to start making a list or asess if it's worth trying to source anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off the top of my head I think the prices are comparable although I didn't really do my research on prices to be honest! I've dug out the receipt for three of the Anna Sui products (blush, lip gloss ring and nail polish) and they came to 8,532 Yen, although I would have received a tax discount had I carried my passport with me that evening. Hope that gives you some idea :)

      Delete
  6. So many pretties! I love Anna Sui and need to pick more of her stuff up. I don't think I could bring myself to use that lipstick! Wonder how easy it would be to apply to the lips though?

    I love Paul&Joe too! So sad I didn't buy any of their kitty-head shaped lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tried that lipstick! It's going to feel so weird the first time I do I'm sure :p

      I remember the kitty head lipsticks too - If they were still available I would have HAD to buy one, being the cat lady that I am! LOL

      Delete
  7. Very nice! Although I think you were very restrained. ;)

    I keep wavering on whether I should get an Anna Sui blush or not. We don't have the updated packaging yet, so I should probably wait and see if the old packaging will be discounted. I'm not a big fan of the star-shaped lipstick for practical reasons, but I sure enjoyed looking at your pic of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm there with you on the practical - although these buys were entirely impractical! See The Made Up Maiden's comment about Paul & Joe cat lipsticks - gotta wonder how on earth they applied on the lips!

      Delete
  8. So pretty! I love Anna Sui packaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Her packaging is very pretty without being immature :)

      Delete
  9. I totally talked my friend into buying a Paul and Joe lipstick - she opted for the lips print rather than the kitty case (crazy, I know), even though I was that close to buying one for myself just for the kitty packaging, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitty packaging is IRRESISTIBLE! You and I both know that is a fact anyway! LOL!

      Delete
  10. I don't really have a weakness for this sort of makeup design though I could see how some would love the prettiness of it all! Love being able to access a variety of makeup brands while on holiday, such a good aspect of travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's part of the cultural experience! I do wonder if you could really resist it though if you saw the counter displays - it's like the ladylike equivalent of a candy store! For me anyway, haha!!!

      Delete
  11. The star lipsticks are so pretty, but I know I would make a disaster of it while trying to apply! And I love Paul &bJoe packaging, even though I've never tried anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm STILL oohing and aahing over everything because it's too pretty to mess up by using it!? Dammit I'm going to get that star shaped lippy out and wear it because that's what it's for! LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...