29 December, 2013

TAG: My top 5 makeup products

 
I was tagged a month ago to do this post and with Christmas festivities finally out of the way I can get onto it and do it properly!  Norlin aka Baubles, Bubbles & Bags is one of my most longstanding Melbourne blogger friends so when she tagged me to nominate my top 5, go-to makeup items I immediately agreed to do it.  The idea is to share the 5 items I'd pick in a pinch to make up my face - very similar to the 5-product face (see my previous post here) but this is more about naming my 5 favourites, the products I'd consider my "go-to, cannot live without" items.  And yes, on a relaxed day these would be all I need for my face too!
 
I can tell you now there are no surprises here - I think I've raved about most of these products before...
 
  • Laura Mercier Lingerie Eye & Cheek Palette (Limited Edition) - I know this is limited edition but the fact is this palette accompanied me for my last two holiday trips because it contains all I need for all kinds of warm or cool eye makeup looks from demure to dramatic and the two blush shades are so pretty and wearable too.  Laura Mercier matte shades have a silky feel so they sweep evenly and blend beautifully on the eyes and the "luster" shades (such as the iconic African Violet which is part of the core line) have just the right amount of subtle shimmer for a bit of interest without ever daring to be over the top.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another LM palette in future.  By the way, and not to rub it in, but this palette scores 4.8 out of 5 on Makeup Alley so you know I'm not the only one in love with the Lingerie palette.
  • Lancôme Hypnose Doll Eyes Waterproof Mascara (Black) - My current favourite waterproof mascara because I love the clump-free, flake-free, smudge-free waterproof formula and I love the tapered brush.  Read all about it here.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (Perversion) - Super soft and creamy and so definitively inky black - UD themselves describe this shade as "blackest-black matte" so you get the picture.  This is so defined and easy to apply that I can use it in place of liquid eyeliner (my personal beauty fail - I'm so clumsy with liquid eyeliner) and because it's waterproof it stays put so it's my numero uno choice for the waterline too if I'm in that kind of mood.
  • Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer - My much raved about drugstore highlighting concealer because it actually works! I occasionally wander off to try something else - because I want to know what else is out there - but so far I just keep returning to this. My review is consistently in the popular posts roll on the right but if it's not just click on the link here.
  • Tom Ford Lip Color - My desert island lipstick choice because it's literally loaded with wonderful ingredients, is creamy and moisturising, offers high coverage and the packaging is uber chic too - suitable for looking the part when being rescued from that island, lol!  I admit I always feel a little more put together with a slick of a bright Tom Ford shade on my lips
So... What are your top 5 makeup products?
Feel free to do this tag too!  


22 comments:

  1. Amazing picks... the palette looks absolutely gorgeous and I can see why it's a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine, I feel as though Laura Mercier is underrated in Australia and I don't understand why. I was so disappointed to see Laura Mercier have moved out of Myer's beauty line up. Thankfully I can still get to a LM counter in David Jones ;)

      Delete
  2. Palette..I'm all in. :)
    It's might be LE but such a multi-purpose product. Will start looking out online for this ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your online hunting! I've had it for just over 12 months so I imagine it will be hard to find but you never know! It would be worth hunting down for sure :)

      Delete
  3. Nice picks. I may need to check out this palette! I haven't used much LM except for face stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old LE palette so I don't know whether you'll be able to find the same thing but I know all Laura Mercier palettes are raved about so even if you score another one I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it too!

      Delete
  4. love the packaging of Lancome mascara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cute huh! I bought this design from the Alber Elbaz LE collection but thankfully the mascara itself is part of Lancôme's core line - love it!

      Delete
  5. Love all these things! Perversion doesn't stay put on me though. But agree the rest are superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn that Perversion doesn't last on you because it's so darn BLACK! I was taken aback when I first swatched it because I'd never seen such a true black in pencil form before. I'm waiting for you to own your first TF lipstick girl!

      Delete
    2. I sort of semi-promised to myself that it's going to be my first purchase when I settle down with a permanent job again. So, hopefully soon!

      Delete
    3. I can't wait! I look forward to seeing what you choose :)

      Delete
  6. TF lipstick!!! Woohoo!! I knew it would be here. And I don't always love multitasking palettes, but that one does look handy. Especially for travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it works because there's no lip products included in the palette. I have second thoughts about palettes with a mix of powder and creams because the creams can get all powdery and gunky :p

      Delete
  7. I love tat LM Lingerie Palette too! I take it travelling as well. And you know I love TF lippies too! Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll take it away on my next vacation too because it's so easy! Yes, I'll never tire of my TF lippies :)

      Delete
  8. Love your picks here, Vita. It's hard to pick top 5 makeup products - I'm fickle like that. LOL! I really need to get my hands on some Tom Fords. I have yet to get any... can't decide. Haha! Happy New Year 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Happy New Year to you Lily!

      You really do need some TF lipstick to round out your collection! Maybe that should be one of your beauty resolutions. ;)

      Delete
  9. I SO want that Laura Mercier palette!!! Mind if I borrow it?? ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good palette - I've had it over a year and still love it as much as when I first bought it!

      Delete
  10. That is such an awesome palette - great to bring around with you and I dare say for anyone else who wants to downsize their makeup stash ;) I really love UD's eye pencils. I bought the Black Market set from Sephora and man...talk about a pencil that GLIDES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those pencils smoooooth! That's another reason I love them. Good on you for choosing that set.
      Downsizing is the buzz word around here definitely! Lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...