17 March, 2013

St Patrick's Day skittles

Hello and happy St Patrick's Day to you if you celebrate!

I was originally going to wear a plain green manicure but got caught up in the excitement this time.  This mani is really rough and ready and it's all too easy for me to point out the faults - you already know by now I'm no nail artist - but it doesn't stop me for having an occasional bit of creative fun!  I've thrown everything at this one: cream, shimmer, glitter and crackle with a predictably eclectic result.  Now onto the madness.  You know, if you squint it doesn't look all that bad, lol...




What I played with used...

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat (11 Sage Smash) - I applied this to top my pinky and index nails.  I was a little underwhelmed by this sheer sparkly crackle.

Ulta3 (Luck of the Irish) - With a name like that I just HAD to wear this glitter and it looked great over the matching green underwear on my ring finger.  I'd love this combination worn as a full manicure!

Nicole by OPI (Fell From the Tree) - I wore this forest green shimmer on my ring and pinky - and yes, applied this shakily with a toothpick to create a wonky shamrock on my middle fingernail.  

Revlon (Super Nature) - This is the perfect grass green cream - and I think it also picks up on the green of the Irish flag too!

Until next time...

14 comments:

  1. Really lovely skittles mani Vita! And a toothpick, well done :D Where did you pick up the Nicole by OPI? I don't find them easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne! One of these days I may invest in some tools - never say never, lol!

      I buy my Nicole polish from Hairhouse Warehouse stores in Vic. I don't know if you have any of those stores in ACT?

      Delete
  2. Fell from the Tree + Luck of the Irish= amazing! I wanted to wear Luck yesterday but was too tired to paint my nails when I got home from work-so it will be Pat's week instead, and I'll probably paint it tonight ;P Such an amazing combo, and I like the look of the SH crackle but if it were a topcoat, rather than a crackle, because I think the colour is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the Sally Hansen. The color looks so good in the bottle - it would have been great as a straight top coat. Fell From the Tree and Luck of the Irish was most definitely my favourite combo too! xo

      Delete
  3. Very festive! I don't know if I own enough greens to try something like this, but I know I couldn't make anything even vaguely resembling a clover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're more steady handed than me! I'm all thumbs when it comes to this sort of thing, lol! xo

      Delete
  4. So pretty!! Makes me wish I had done my nails this weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! I like how the colours turned out when combined - and I think I've found my favourite shade of green - forest green! xo

      Delete
  5. Fantastic work, Vita! I really love the gorgeous forest green from Fell From A Tree...actually, I might own this one, I'm going to have to get back to you on that!

    Your clover is also just too darling for words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet and generous with your praise - I always envy your nails!

      Delete
  6. Very festive! Love the clover :) That Ulta3 glitter looks amazing, except from my experience with 3 other glitters in that range they basically never dry on my nails and the chemical smell is intolerable :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the smell! Those Ulta3 glitters do smell and the formula is getting a little weird after a few months.

      I'm so glad you like my humble clover - I nearly didn't post the mani because I thought it looked a little too amateurish :p

      Delete
  7. Wow, you went all out! I wasn't going to do any greens but ended up painting with Essie Mojito Madness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Liz! I was sorted of talked into doing this - I get nervous just thinking about nail art but I was nudged a few times so figured I'd give it another go, lol! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...