25 September, 2012

Model lips for Spring! (Featuring Revlon, Napoleon Perdis & Rimmel)


You could never accuse me of ignoring a good model/celebrity beauty advertising campaign or makeup pictorial!  Case in point:  My latest lip colour purchases for Spring have all been directly under the influence of Kate Moss (Rimmel), Miranda Kerr (Napoleon Perdis) and Emma Stone (Revlon)...

L - R:
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Peach Parfait
Napoleon Perdis DeVine Goddess Lipstick - Calypso
Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick - 20



I first saw these lip colours gracing the lovely lips of Emma, Miranda and Kate respectively in my glossy mags and each instantly became lemmings for me!

Peach Parfait - I didn't care about all the other lip butters.  I just wanted this one because it looked so lovely and natural on Emma Stone, okay?  I know these have been reviewed to death and I'm not going to go there other than to say lip butters are just fine if you want semi-sheer, shiny colour.  Anyway, this was all about the colour for me and I was not disappointed - this golden rose lip colour is my new weekend fave.

Calypso - Miranda Kerr graced the cover of Australian department store David Jones' Spring beauty book wearing this colour and it looked so bright and fresh, I was hooked!  It's a perfect red-pink hybrid and sings of Spring.  It also happens to be my first Napoleon Perdis lipstick - Shall let you know how it goes but the colour's bloody gorgeous!  There I go swearing for effect again...

20 - The iconic bad girl Kate was wearing this to launch the Spring line of her By Kate range for Rimmel.  I already know the heavily pigmented, creamy formula back to front so again it's all about the colour.  This is an uber bright, cool toned pink.  Another cool, hot pink if you know what I mean! I actually don't think I have the 'tude to carry this off in daylight but it's totally going to do it for me as an after dark pink.  Grrr...I know, humour me!


Swatched in same order as above:
 Sunlight indoors

Shade 


Who have you been under the influence of lately?



That's it for now.

Vita :)

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these look absolutely beautiful! Never mind glamorous celebrities, seeing these on your blog is enough to make me go out and buy them! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice! I'm loving the lighter and brighter palette for spring and these girls all rocked those lippies so how could I resist?

      Delete
  2. Oooh a lipstick haul! My favourite kind of haul :)
    I actually bought Rimmel 20 (surprise surprise) and wore it for the first time the other night. It's a gorgeous shade and you totally need to find the 'tude and wear this out in daylight! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My SECOND favourite kind of haul, next to new nail polish, lol! Rimmel 20 looks so fantastically bright - I'd swatched it a few times before I finally had the courage to buy it!

      Delete
  3. Love Calypso its a hot hot shade ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful? I think it's pretty versatile too because it sits right in the middle of pink and red :)

      Delete
  4. I love Rimmel No. 20 (which I also bought because Kate Moss was wearing it). Be brave and wear it out, it's a great shade for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you love a bright pink lip too Kate! I'll do the 10 second test on my lips this weekend and if I can handle it after 10 seconds, I'll wear it out. :)

      Delete
  5. I think we have similar tastes in lipsticks! I have Peach Parfait and I do love it, I wish it was just the teensiest bit more pigmented though.

    I really wanted that Kate Moss lippy as I have 4 others and love their texture/pigmentation...sadly, it looked too garish on me so I had to bypass it. :(

    I also loved that colour Miranda was wearing and it looks like a gorgeous lippy! Can't wait to see it on you. Hint, hint. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so nice to know we love similar things - more fun in future shopping escapades, lol! I may do a review on the Napoleon lippy once I have a feel for how it performs - that means a lip swatch (at least) too :)

      Delete
  6. I love Miranda Kerr - she's so fresh and gorgeous! Dang that's a hot pink shade - I would have grabbed it, too! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 'thing' about Miranda's chipmunk cheeks - I love them! And of course she's a gorgeous Aussie so that helps too. Do you guys have access to Napoleon Perdis cosmetics in Seattle?

      Delete
    2. I think Nordstrom and Ulta both carry them. I haven't explored much of the line and I need to check out their ingredients, but I've seen some pretty nice things from them so I'll have to do that soon.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow - Calypso is really pretty. Napoleon was at our department store here for a long while but largely ignored. It got cleared out a couple of years ago. I've also stared long and hard at that Rimmel x Kate lipstick and ran away in fear every single time. Good for you, Vita - rock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I understand your fear Liz - completely! I still haven't taken the daylight Kate Moss plunge yet. On the other hand I wore Calypso to work the other day and the colour and finish is just lovely! A girl at work asked what I was wearing so you can imagine how good that felt! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...