21 June, 2012

Max Factor Max Effect mini nail polish: Bronze

This post is brought to you from the comfort of my snuggly-buggly bed!  It's cold, wet and miserable tonight so I've taken myself upstairs to write this in the warmest location of my house...

I remember when these tiny 4.5ml/5g polish bottles from Max Factor were first released in Australia they were selling at the ridiculous price of around $10AUD.  Obviously someone's seen sense since then and they now sell at a more reasonable $5.95 making them much more appealing.  Right - that little observation's out of the way!

The polish I chose to try first is called Bronze - I think!?  I can't find a label anywhere on the bottle so I had to do a little 'net research to match the name to the polish and I'm about as sure as I can be without being the full 100%.  This is a really nice and quite wearable golden glass flecked coppery bronze.  It was a little sheer on application and I've got some VNL happening after two coats but I'm still reasonably happy with the finish.  It really comes into its own under bright light so I've included some lamplit pix in the absence of any sun around here at the moment...

Outdoors natural daylight


Lamplight


Have you tried Max Factor's Max Effect mini's?

That's it for tonight.

Vita :)

8 comments:

  1. beautiful color :)

    XOXO
    Alexandra Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you again Alexandra Marie! I'm glad you're enjoying these posts :)

      Delete
  2. its a great color... I can't belive those tiny bottles were so much glad they changed the price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I refused to buy the MF polish at the original price - per volume they worked out to be more expensive than OPI!!! I have two other shades from this range but Bronze looked the most interesting :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I like this color! It seems quite different from anything else I've seen. I don't think I've ever tried a Max Factor polish, before. I'm not even sure if I've seen them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you about the colour, it's an interesting gold/copper/bronze hybrid! Don't they sell MF polish in the US? That surprises me a little - I do know these definitely sell in the UK as I've seen some featured in UK blogs and magazines.

      Delete
  4. You know, we don't have Max Factor in Canada! Weird, right?

    I like bronzes on their own but never really got into them as nail polish shades. I have a few that I bought hoping I'd warm up to them but didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought - and I haven't looked into it - that Max Factor was a US/North American continent brand so I do think it's weird that you don't have it in Canada :-/ Ah bronze, I'm crazy about bronze on the eyes but it can be a bit tricky to pull off on the nails - there are so many variations and I'm always looking for THE one that blows me away...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...