28 June, 2012

EOTD: Winter sunset...

 Hello and a happy Thursday to you all :)

This post is to share an EOTD I created using all four new MAC eyeshadows I hauled recently ( here ).  Originally I wasn't sure how the combination of warm coppers and bronzes would work alongside cool lilac but then I thought of the colours of the sunset and it inspired me to do this...







I ended up using the following six shades to achieve the multi-tonal look - mostly MAC plus a shimmery gold Japanese shadow thrown in for an extra glint on the lids...

Top Row L-R:
MAC - Idol Eyes, Woodwinked, Coppering, Carbonized
Bottom Row L-R:
Excel - GL01, MAC Shroom

What I applied (and where):
  • Bloom Eye Base all over lid and crease
  • MAC Idol Eyes - on inner third of lid
  • MAC Woodwinked - on outer two-thirds of lid
  • MAC Carbonized - on outer crease and V
  • MAC Coppering - on inner third of crease
  • Excel GL01 - on middle of lid
  • MAC Shroom to blend out crease
  • MAC Powerpoint Pencil (Bordeauxline) on upper and lower lash lines
  • Rimmel Volume Flash x 10 Mascara (Black) on upper lashes only

Do you like mixing cool and warm colours in your makeup?

Thanks again for looking!
Vita :)

8 comments:

  1. Carbonized is a stunner:) I don't really mix cool and warm, but have been loving rocking a super shimmery colour on the inner section with a matte shade on the outside. I might try mixing cool and warm next! I adore your EOTD's x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carbonized is a gorgeous accent shade for sure. I love the combo of matte and shimmer too, and thank you Emma! xo

      Delete
  2. I love the contrast that Coppering offers up against your green eyes! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Larie! Coppering was the shade which worried me most funnily enough because it's definitely out of my comfort zone :) xo

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that's a bit more daring than your usual. :)

    My mouth is wide open at the sight of all that pan in your MAC pot. Holy smokes. :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and to think it looks even more dramatic IRL! You noticed I hit pan big time on Shroom!!! I hoped someone would - I use this baby daily, hehe :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...