14 June, 2012

Avon: Violetta Sparkle

 Another week and yet another layering post -

I was originally planning to layer Violetta Sparkle over a black base but decided it would work just as well over the deliciously vibrant purple Spring Break from my last NOTD post.  In my original haul swatches (here) I'd got the impression this polish was quite sheer but the coverage surprised me when I layered it over  Spring Break.  Violetta Sparkle turned the volume down quite a bit so I was left with a darker, more subdued finish than what I was expecting and to be honest the base was completely disguised.  This looks like aubergine!  Still loving the gold sparkle though.

All pictures were snapped outdoors in partial sun...





That's all for tonight!

Vita :)

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ooh thanks! I was a bit unhappy with my application (done in a hurry) but the overall effect turned out okay :) xo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Love the gold shimmer - looks so vibrant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! The purple and gold contrast really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple and gold always look great together. I love wearing gold jewellery with purple clothes or a gold and purple eye too!

      Delete
  4. That is truly stunning, wow. I love the way the purple is so deep but that the gold really seems to pop out, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! I almost feel like this messy mani doesn't deserve praise but the colours do work well :)

      Delete
  5. This is so vampy and perfect. That subtle gold glitter over the purple...I LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Larie :) The vampiness reflects the season and my mood pretty well at the moment. xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...