30 March, 2012

OPI: On Stranger Tides

After being stuck at home for a few days - relentlessly cleaning up after my poor son on the first day - I needed to change my manicure before I went back to work.  I never change my manicure mid-week because I don't want to publicly reveal what a lacquerhead (you all know) I really am but I had to because it was looking pretty shabby after washing my hands hundreds of times!

I chose another neutral because I didn't want to make the change too obvious but I still wanted something a little bit interesting - On Stranger Tides fit the bill nicely.  This was one of the shades from OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean collection released last year.  I didn't go beyond buying the mini collection but now I'm wishing I bought the full size bottle of OST *kicks herself*.  This is a unique green/grey hybrid pastel creme.  Pastel but not traditionally pretty - I like it a lot.

This was a 3-coater which is unusual for OPI polishes but that's a small gripe:


Shade



Sun


Enjoy your weekend!

Vita :)


8 comments:

  1. Oh what a unique shade! It's a nice mix of grey and green. And I love the minis from OPI collections, though it always makes me want to buy the full sized ones after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The minis are a great idea when I don't want to overcommit but it can be a bummer if I realise I'd like a full size shade after it's been discontinued :(

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this colour too. I only got the mini collection from this Pirates range and OST is definitely my favourite of the lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great shade Lilit! I'm still wearing it because it's such a versatile unboring (don't think that's a word) shade :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, definitely my favourite from the Pirates collection. Every swatch I've seen has made me want to rush out and buy it, but when I actually saw the bottle in person, it just didn't seem like it would be a flattering colour on my nails :\ Not sure though if it would actually apply differently. I think it definitely looks bigger against lighter skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get the opportunity to, I suggest you try it out on your nails. I am pale but my skin has a yellow undertone to it so I wasn't sure either. Once I wore it I was converted! It dries down a shade darker on the nail BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you dont want to publicly reveal your a polish hoarder?! oh no no no! own it girl!! yell it to the world how much you love nail polish and how much i love to see it on you <3 <3 i once had this nail polish but idk where it is, .hmm .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...