25 March, 2012

Making me blush: MAC, Smashbox, Essence

As I've only renewed my love of blush over the past couple of years I have a relatively modest blush collection, although I plan to add to my collection as soon as my P10P's over (Danger! Danger!). I thought about doing an inventory post just because I love reading those, but decided to start with the three blushes I've been using most on my NC20 cheeks:  MAC Blushbaby, Smashbox Chiffon and my everyday go-to blush Essence Adorable...


Clockwise from top:
MAC Blushbaby
Essence Adorable
Smashbox Chiffon

Blushbaby - is the only MAC blush I own (I know that's really sad and I need to do something about this beauty crime) and is a mauve-toned nude blush (MAC's website describes it as a 'flushed beiged pink') from MAC's Sheertone range.  It was recommended to me by the MAC sales assistant when I was looking for a natural blush shade.  As it's matte and sheer it does look quite natural and because of the nude/beige slant it sits between blush and contour for me, depending on my mood. 

Chiffon - This Smashbox blush is the newest in my collection and I just love the shimmery peach/pink tone.  I bought this last spring and have been getting lots of wear out of it since.  It's my second most reached for blush and gives me a healthy looking flush.  It's a great shade for the warmer months and goes well with coral, peach and pink lips.

Adorable - I've posted about this soft peach blush from Essence before (here and here) and I love it because it's just so easy to wear.  This soft matte shade is impossible to overdo on my cheeks and imparts just the right amount of subtle colour to bring life to my complexion.  This blush lives in my makeup bag and goes everywhere with me.  Yes - let's not forget this blush is ridiculously inexpensive too!


Swatched indoors and outdoors L-R:
MAC Blushbaby
Smashbox Chiffon
Essence Adorable



What are your favourite blushers?


Until my next post.

Vita :)

10 comments:

  1. ooh those 3 blushes are such a pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tezza, I love wearing soft natural looking blushes :^)

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I love MAC Blushbaby too - it's one of the first MAC blushes I ever bought and I would buy it again in a heartbeat if I were to ever use it up. It's such a versatile shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Blushbaby is a classic shade, glad you like it too! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I have Blushbaby as well! It's quite old actually and though I never hit pan, I did wear it almost daily for a few years. It's a great shade for almost every skin stone. That Smashbox also looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Liz, another Blushbaby fan! I can see what you mean about not hitting pan cos I've worn mine quite a lot and it looks as if it's barely been touched! Yes, you should check out the Smashbox blush if you're into peach/pink blush - that's if you want to add to your collection of course, hehe :D

      Delete
  4. I have around 15 blushes, way too much, and still can't decide on my favorite one, I use all of them regularly but there is no pan even close on any of them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 blushes is very impressive! I can see I'll have to grow my collection a bit more to catch up with you :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blushes Vita, I myself only own two MAC ones but am looking at getting more :) I filled two boxes full of blushes last night, they are my favourite makeup item for sure ! I've been wearing Adorable a lot lately, such a classic shade xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Adorable just, well, an adorable shade? I think the name perfectly sums it up. I would absolutely love to see you do a blush inventory post Emma! Pretty please?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...