06 March, 2012

Japanese NOTD: Nail Color 216

Oh, what a cliche this is but what a boring, nondescript name for such a gorgeous polish...

I knew 216 would be a layering polish so I tried one coat over Revlon's Black Lingerie.  Well, this was just stunningly beautiful!  The combination of green, orange and blue hex and micro-glitter over the black base made my nails look like black opals according to the Husband. I wore this all weekend and was tempted to wear it to work but relented at the last minute.  Gotta say removal of this was a breeze too so this glitter polish is a winner all round!

This is as close as you'll get to a flakie-looking polish which isn't actually a flakie. The illusion of depth in just one coat is amazing.  It feels like I'm staring into deep space via my fingernails (Cue the Star Trek music)...

Both of these pictures were taken in cloudy daylight:






That's all for now.

Vita :)

18 comments:

  1. Stunning on your beautiful nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhh pretty! very pretty, i'm sure i'm going to need this lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'm going to need to wear this again!!!

      Delete
  3. OMG, how gorgeous is this???

    Also, that first shot is amazing! Did you change cameras?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I used the same little Sony cybershot camera for both shots. I must admit the super close-up pic turned out pretty well. It was shot outdoors while the second shot was done indoors.

      Delete
  4. An ode to galaxy nails lol. Loverrrrly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The effect was pretty celestial. Thanks Stacie!

      Delete
  5. Wow, it does look flakie-ish! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a hybrid between glitter and flakie. This polish was a lucky find from a little Japanese discount store in Melbourne :)

      Delete
  6. I love the look of those glitters, it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think this actually managed to look a little more grown up. If my husband approves then it can't be too crazy :)

      Delete
  7. gorgeous <3 Love the glitters!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is gorgeous! It is so glittery and awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! It's quite unique in my collection. xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...