25 August, 2011

Date night mani: Chanel - Peridot

This was a special splurge just because I couldn't resist! I wore Chanel's AMAZING Peridot polish for my date night mani to celebrate Hubby's birthday last weekend.

There are a gazillion posts out there about this polish and no doubt better pictures as well but these are mine.  You can see the amazing beetle wing duochrome in the bottle and on my nails.  This polish is predominantly gold but shifts to green and blue at different angles.   Behold this beauty in my humble pictures...





Okay, now I'm going to be controversial and say that for the $39AUD I spent on this luxury product I was disappointed by the brush.   Actually, I'm going to go right out there and say that I hated the brush!  It was thin, flimsy and floppy so it made application more difficult than normal.  I seriously wished I had a clean OPI brush, or China Glaze, or Revlon or something a bit sturdier and easier to control.  Thank goodness the polish itself stood up to my shoddy application.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Until next time

Vita :)

9 comments:

  1. love the gold and the green and blue shifts. what a shame for an expensive nail polish the brush sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is a sign that i should just grab this polish. everytime i see it on a blog i fall in love with it more n more.! hahahaha. it looks so lovely on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es dorado, pero en las orillas se ve verdoso, wow O.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. @prettymom - I was really surprised about the brush but I'm not that familiar with Chanel polishes :(

    @McDiaz714 - Thanks, it is a truly beautiful colour.

    @Hygea - Thanks :)

    @Kristy - Thankyou, and I look forward to wearing your glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought this a last minute purchase before my flight home :-D Looks like I made a good choice :-) I don't like the Chanel brushes but I was happy to pay 25USD rather than our usual 39AUD! I also picked up the eyelash curler. I'm such a sucker :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Leanne - Why not have a luxe splurge! I love duty-free shopping too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful colour! I went to have a look at the Chanel Fall colours in person last week and ended up with Graphite. I wasn't sure if I wanted Peridot, but I think I might have to go back and grab it. It really is a stunning colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nat - You won't regret it, Peridot is even more stunning IRL. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...