25 April, 2011

Revisited: How much is your face worth? Weekday face

As promised I'm about to 'fess up again on the cost of beauty because I wanted to find out how much my weekday grooming costs.  Just to remind you, my basic 'natural' weekend makeup tallied up to a total cost of $156.50 which was already pretty shocking! 

Here's what I wore to work last week.  All prices are retail:





Face:
      • MAC Select Sheer pressed powder (NC 20) - $44AUD
      • YSL Touche Eclat (2) - $55AUD
      • MAC Sheertone blush (Blushbaby) - $41AUD
      • Subtotal:  $140AUD

Eyes:
      • MAC Lustre eyeshadow (Tempting) - $33AUD
      • MAC Veluxe pearl eyeshadow (Soft Force) - $33AUD
      • MAC Powerpoint eye pencil (Duck) - $32AUD
      • Lancome Definicils mascara (Black) - $52AUD
      • Subtotal:  $150AUD
Lips:
        • MAC Amplified lipstick (Cosmo) - $36AUD
        • Wet'n'Wild lipliner pencil (666) - $4AUD approx (this was actually a gift from a friend so technically it's at no cost) 
        • Subtotal:  $40AUD

Total cost:  A whopping $340,  more than double my weekend look!! And that doesn't include skincare and perfume!  As I very rarely wear foundation it also wasn't included.

This exercise has been very interesting and quite a bit of a reality check for me.  I'm now working on my budget face challenge which I'll post soon.

Until my next post.

Vita :)

3 comments:

  1. Great post, will be interesting to see how much you can reduce the cost by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maria - I'm hoping to dramatically reduce the cost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Maria,

    I can't wait to see the budget version! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...