25 March, 2011

REVIEW: Burt's Bees

Here's a quick review of the Burt's Bees goodies I picked up a few weekends ago.


Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme

This stuff smells absolutely edible and reminds me of lemon curd - Yum!  Its ingredients include sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon oil, cocoa butter and Vitamin E.  Apart from the scent I like the way this feels on the skin.  It's quite velvety, not oily or shiny and makes the cuticles immediately look and feel softer.  This product is 95% natural and not tested on animals. 

As you can see I've been dipping into this one a bit!


Lip Shimmer - Rhubarb



I like the idea of a lip balm that also gives a decent amount of colour to the lips and Lip Shimmer does that.  What I don't really love is the way it feels on my lips when I first slick it on.  Because this contains peppermint oil it has that intense cooling (yet also burning?) sensation on my lips that reminds me of my husband's Blistex lip balm.  It does feel moisturising after the initial sensation fades and this particular shade is flattering on my lips.  Lip Shimmer's ingredients also include castor seed oil, sunflower seed oil and beeswax.  This product is 100% natural and not tested on animals.

Burt's Bees products are available at David Jones, Priceline stores and selected pharmacies.

For more information on the full range see the Burt's Bees website here.

That's all for now.

Vita :)

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know Burt's Bees has been bought out by Clorox who do test on animals. :(

    I've tried the lip shimmers, and they do have good pigmentation, I agree about the peppermint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know about the takeover. That's a real shame :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...